Information For Authors
Journal of Jamu Kusuma is a journal published by Pusat Unggulan IPTEKS Pemanfaatan Jamu Indonesia untuk Peningkatan Derajat Kesehatan Masyarakat (PUI PUJAKESUMA) Health Polytechnic of Surakarta that publishes scientific papers for academics and practitioners. Journal of Jamu Kusuma journal is open access, welcoming, and inviting original and relevant research articles, literature studies, and special reports in the fields of traditional health, herbal medicine, and natural pharmaceuticals.
This journal is published twice a year in June and December. Journal of Jamu Kusuma welcomes and invites researchers from all over the world to submit their papers (original research articles, systematic reviews, and case studies) for publication in this journal. All papers are published immediately upon acceptance.
This journal covers original research articles, review articles, and case studies. The scope of this journal includes, but is not limited to the research results of :
- Traditional health,
- Herbal medicine, and
- Natural pharmaceuticals
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Jamu Kusuma?
Need a Username/Password?
Journal of Jamu Kusuma is a journal using Bahasa and English, peer-reviewed, and published two times a year.
Articles sent to the journal are not yet published. To avoid double publication, Journal of Jamu Kusuma does not accept any articles which are also sent to other journals for publication at the same time. The writer should ensure that all members of his/her team have approved the article for publication. Any research report on humans as subjects should enclosure the signed informed consent and prior ethical approval was obtained from a suitably constituted research ethics committee or institutional review board. If any financial support was received, or relationship(s) existed, the authors should mention that no conflict of interest of any financial support or any relationship or other, exists during a research project. Those points should choose in the Submission Requirement of Jurnal PUJEKSUMA.
Each manuscript is reviewed by the editors, and if of a sufficient standard, sent for double-blind review by at least one editorial board member as chosen by the journal team based on their expertise. In the reviewing process, there are at least two reviewers for each manuscript for the related topic. Judgment from the first reviewer will be the main priority on which the editor will make their decision if there are only two reviewers. Three weeks will be needed for the reviewer to complete one round of the reviewing process. Generally, the candidate of the reviewers will be chosen based on their reputation in the international publication number and the study quality. For the next step, the editor sends an invitation letter to each candidate of the reviewer. After the candidate of the reviewer has been informed of their availability for the reviewing process, the editor can create an account for each reviewer and then send the manuscript by OJS. All of the reviewing processes are done by way of a double-blind review and are managed by the editor in OJS. The result may accept a submission, revision required, resubmit for review, resubmit elsewhere, and decline submission. The sending author is given an opportunity to correct the article on the basis of suggestions received from the reviewer. Certain information of whether the article is accepted and published or refused is given to the sending author in writing.
The article of research should be written in Bahasa on essay format which is outlined as follow:
- Title Page. This includes the title of the manuscript, the full names without academic and professional credentials with commas between names. A number (1) is to be used to designate the corresponding author with academic and professional credentials, institutional affiliation(s), postal and e-mail addresses of each author.
- Abstract for research articles, literature review, and case report should use maximum of 250 words. The research article should consist of background, purpose, methods, results, and conclusion. An abstract is clearly written and is short to help readers get an understanding of the new and important aspects without reading the whole article. Keywords are written on the same page with abstract separated each other with comma (,). Please use maximum of 5 appropriate words for helping with the indexing.
- The manuscript is in continuous order:
-Background: The state of the art of the study and consists of an adequate background, previous research in order to record the existing solutions/method to show which is the best, and the main limitation of previous research, to show the scientific merit or novelties of the paper. Avoid a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results. Background must explain the purpose of the major aim of the research.
-Methods: Method consists of research design, place and time of research, population and sample, data measurement, and data analysis method. Provide sufficient details of the methods including ethical conduct.
-Results: Results state the major findings of the research instead of providing data in great detail. Results should be clear, concise, and can be reported on texts or graphics. Please provide some introduction for the information presented on tables or images.
-Discussion: The discussion should explore the significance of the results of the study. The following components should be covered in the discussion: How do your results relate to the original question or objectives outlined in the background section (what)? Do you provide interpretation scientifically for each of your results or findings presented (why)? Are your results consistent with what other investigators have reported (what else)? Or are there any differences?
-Conclusion: Conclusions should answer the objectives of research telling how advanced the result is from the present state of knowledge. Conclusions should be clear in order to know it merits publication in the journal or not. Provide a clear scientific justification and indicate possible applications and extensions. Recommendations should also be pointed out to suggest future research and implication in the nursing practice.
-Acknowledgments (if any): Briefly acknowledge research funders and any research participants in this section.
-Reference: The Reference consists of all references used to write the articles. Ensure that citations used are as contemporary as possible, including those from the current year of writing. Delete older literature citations (more than 10 years) unless these are central to your study. References should avoid the use of secondary citations (if necessary use max 20% of citations).
The structure of an article of literature study is a title, name of the author (with no academic title); abstract; keywords; background; objectives; methods (please describe searching databases, how many articles retrieved); results (summary from the research review); discussion; or conclusion; and references.
Every table is typed in 1 space. A number of tables are systematic as mentioned in the texts and completed with a short title each. Provide an explanation on the footnotes instead of on the title. Please explain on footnotes all non-standards information mentioned on the table. The total table should not more than 6 tables.
The layout of the article is to be written in A4 paper with a margin of at least 2.5 for each using Microsoft Word, Times New Roman font, and single-spaced. The maximum number of pages is 12. Each page is numbered starting from the title until the last page of the article.
Reference and citation use bracketed citation (name, year). Direct citation on references should include the page number of the citation. American Psychological Association 6th edition applies in writing the article. See Examples of referencing below:
One author (a book chapter)
Easton, B. (2008). Does poverty affect health? In K. Dew & A. Matheson (Eds.), Understanding health inequalities in Aotearoa New Zealand (pp. 97–106). Dunedin, New Zealand: Otago University Press.
One author, multiple works published in the same year
Rush, E., McLennan, S., Obolonkin, V., Cooper, R., & Hamlin, M. (2015a). Beyond the randomised controlled trial and BMI--evaluation of effectiveness of through-school nutrition and physical activity programmes. Public Health Nutrition, 18(9), 1578–1581. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980014003322
Rush, E. C., Obolonkin, V., Battin, M., Wouldes, T., & Rowan, J. (2015b). Body composition in offspring of New Zealand women: Ethnic and gender differences at age 1–3 years in 2005–2009. Annals Of Human Biology, 42(5), 492–497.
Two authors (a journal article with doi)
Li, S., & Seale, C. (2007). Learning to do qualitative data analysis: An observational study of doctoral work. Qualitative Health Research, 17(10), 1442-1452. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732307306924
Barnard, R., de Luca, R., & Li, J. (2015). First-year undergraduate students’ perceptions of lecturer and peer feedback: A New Zealand action research project. Studies In Higher Education, 40(5), 933–944. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2014.881343
- Use "&" before the final author.
Four to seven authors
Sna, A., Nowak, A., Grabiec, P., Paszkuta, M., Tajstra, M., & Wojciechowska, M. (2017). Survey of wearable multi-modal vital parameters measurement systems. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 526. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-47154-9_37
- List all authors in the reference entry
More than seven authors
Kasabov, N., Scott, N. M., Tu, E., Marks, S., Sengupta, N., Capecci, E., . . . Yang, J. (2016). Evolving spatio-temporal data machines based on the NeuCube neuromorphic framework: Design methodology and selected applications. Neural Networks, 78, 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neunet.2015.09.011
Polit, D. E., & Beck, C. T. (2008). Nursing research: Generating and assessing evidence for nursing practice (8th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
World Health Organization. (2008). The global burden of disease: 2004 update. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Retrieved from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/GBD_report_2004update_full.pdf
Submission. Each submitted manuscript must conform to the Instructions to Authors and should be submitted online at http://jurnaljamukusuma.com
The instructions for registering, submission, and revision are provided on this website. If any difficulties the authors can contact via email: email@example.com
Author Fee (No Page Charge)
Journal of Jamu Kusuma is an open-access journal. Since manuscript submission, authors shall not pay any processing and submission fees for article processing (free of charge), except for printed journal (shipping fee) and conference collaboration.
The manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines in the MS Word article template
Guideline for Online Submission
The author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address: (LINK ONLINE SUBMISSION)
The author should fulfill the form as detailed as possible where the star-marked form must be entered. After all forms of textbox were filled, the Author clicks on the “Register” button to proceed with the registration. Therefore, the Author is brought to an online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start of a New Submission section, click on “’ Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in the online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of the journal, i.e. Original Research Articles or Systematic Review Article. Thus, the author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click the "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detailed author's metadata should be entered including the marked corresponding author. After that, the manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste it into the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on the Browse button, choose the files, and then click on the Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: The author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Journal of Jamu Kusuma, click the Finish Submission button after the document is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging into the journal web address site.
After this submission, the Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes the status of manuscript review and editorial process.
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- That no conflict of interest of any financial support or any relationship or other exists during a research project.
- Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Authors submitting a manuscript do so on the understanding that if accepted for publication, the copyright of the article shall be assigned to Journal of Jamu Kusuma, Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta as the publisher of this journal.
Copyright encompasses exclusive rights to reproduce and deliver the article in all forms and media, including reprints, photographs, microfilms, and any other similar reproductions, as well as translations. The reproduction of any part of this journal, its storage in databases, and its transmission by any forms of media, such as electronic, electrostatic, and mechanical copies, photocopies, recordings, magnetic media, etc., will be allowed only with written permission from Journal of Jamu Kusuma, Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta.
The Copyright Transfer Agreement Form can be downloaded by click this link Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. The copyright form should be filled with respect to the article and be signed originally and sent to the Editorial Office in the form of an original email or scanned document file (softcopy) to:
Dr. apt. Indri Kusuma Dewi, S.Farm., M.Sc (Editor-in-Chief)
Poltekkes Kemenkes Surakarta
Jl. Letjen Sutoyo, Mojosongo, Surakarta, Central Java, Indonesia 57127
Telp : +62-271-856929 Fax : +62-271-855388
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.